|Service talk: Scientific writing |
|Submit concept (by
email)||by 15.05.2021 23:59||--|
|Presentation and slides (via ISIS)||by 15.06.2021 23:59||Video +
report (via ISIS)||by 15.07.2021
- Registration for this seminar
is required (capacity:
- Registration opens on 17.04.2021 9 am and closes 22.04.2021 9 am via ISIS.
- Each successful registration will be confirmed until 22.04.2021 10 pm.
- The kick-off meeting will be held as a web conference on 29.04.2021 4 pm (TU zoom).
- Other details about the course will be available on the ISIS page: https://isis.tu-berlin.de/course/view.php?id=23992 
Nowadays internet services are being used everywhere: on your smartphone, your landline phone, your laptop and even an increasing number of home appliances. Today's service providers such as eBay, Amazon, Google and Microsoft therefore have to meet higher user requirements than ever. Questions like "Do all my services run as planned?", "How can my services be improved?", or "How can my services be made simpler to use for customers?" arise in this area.
In this seminar we will follow up on these questions in the area of operating complex IT-Systems by consulting selected research papers and recent textbooks including but not limited to current hot topics such as:
- Cloud Computing
- Management of Large Scale Computing Clusters
- Machine Learning, Big Data Analysis and Visualization
- Internet of Things
- Fault Tolerance
- as well as related and emerging challenges regarding the design of Distributed Systems
Although there is no guarantee for acceptance, students may propose own topics covering the mentioned or related areas. Please note that the list of available topics will be published via ISIS.
Bachelor students BSc-Inf and BSc-TI in 5th semester or higher, also Erasmus computer science students and business informatics (BSc) students.
- Independently investigate, comprehend and reflect a scientific topic
- Write a scientific report (4-5 pages, IEEE Transactions Style )
- Present the topic orally (20 minutes presentation + 5-10 minutes discussion)
Literature and Further Material
Recommendations for literature and further
material will be given based on the elected topic.
Full list of topics will be available soon.