Multi-Cloud Data Analytics as a Service (MCloudDaaS)
Multi-Cloud Data Analytics as a Service
(MCloudDaaS) combines the benefits of Big Data Analytics and
Many companies struggle to find a convenient and affordable data analytic solution. Most cloud providers does not provide an easy to use cloud system Furthermore, clients have concerns like the lack of security, which leads to a mistrust against cloud services.
In order to overcome such barriers, MCloudDaaS provides innovative functionalities with regards to security, scalability and fault-tolerance. In addition, MCloudDaaS avoids a vendor lock-in of the customers, who would be in a traditional cloud system economically dependent of the provided DaaS solutions and therefore increasing costs when moving to a different cloud provider. To increase the trust of the customer, high security standards will be integrated. Moreover, MCloudDaaS provides rich management functionalities, predictions of performance and management for scalability. As a result, this leads to CAPEX reduction, because customers can switch to a cheaper provider.
The overall goal of the project is the development of a flexible, secure and on-demand hybrid cloud platform for big data analytics. The project has the following main objectives:
- Enabling interoperability and portability, in order to overcome the vender lock-in to give the customer the freedom to choose between different providers.
- Increased trust and security. Einbettung von hohen Sicherheitsmaßnahmen. For this reason, MCloudDaaS provides enhanced techniques for advanced access/usage control, key management, encryption techniques and secure data sharing.
- Enhanced management capabilities for easy usage. The installation, configuration and customization of big data solutions will be realized through automated mechanisms and increases the usability of the overall system.
- High scalability and availability. An automatic management for scalability and fault tolerance drives to better performance of analytics jobs.
Our research group Complex and Distributed IT-Systems (CIT) is going to work on the realization of a Big Data Analytics Multi-Cloud Service Management in this project.
- This includes the integration of Multi-Cloud Big Data Services, like the management and installation of Apache Hadoop and Apache Flink on different cloud-infrastructures.
- The development of autonomous scaling management, which increases the performance for analytic jobs by automatically scaling worker nodes.
- Integration of data encryption techniques and data access control management.