Inhalt des Dokuments
Es gibt keine deutsche Übersetzung dieser Webseite.
|Service talk: scientific writing |
|Submit concept (by
email)||by 6.12. 23:59||--|
|Submit slides and report (by
mail)||by 31.3.2018 23:59||--|
- Registration for this seminar
is required (capacity:
- Registration has to be done via email to Lauritz Thamsen  and should include: full name, matriculation number, field of study, and if you want to register for the Bachelor or the Master seminar
- Registration opens on 9.10.2017 9 am and closes 23.10.2017 9 am. Emails before or after will be ignored.
- Each successful registration will be confirmed on 23.10.2017.
- Seminar topics are published below, see section Topics
- The slides of the kick-offs  are now online.
Nowadays internet services are being used everywhere: on your smartphone, your landline phone, your laptop and even an increasing number of home appliances. Today's service providers such as eBay, Amazon, Google and Microsoft therefore have to meet higher user requirements than ever. Questions like "Do all my services run as planned?", "How can my services be improved?", or "How can my services be made simpler to use for customers?" arise in this area.
In this seminar we will follow up on these questions in the area of operating complex IT-Systems by consulting selected research papers and recent textbooks including but not limited to current hot topics such as:
- Cloud Computing
- Virtualized Infrastructures
- Management of Large Scale Computing Clusters
- Big Data Analysis and Visualization
- Internet of Things
- Quality of Service
- Fault Tolerance
- as well as related and emerging challenges regarding the design of Distributed Systems
Although there is no guarantee for acceptance, students may propose own topics covering the mentioned or related areas. Please note that we will publish a list of available topics separately (see section Topics).
Master students MSc-Inf and MSc-TI, also Erasmus computer science students and business informatics (MSc) students.
- Independently investigate, comprehend and reflect a scientific topic
- Write a scientific report (6 pages, IEEE Transactions Style )
- Present the topic orally (20 minutes presentation + 5-10 minutes discussion)
Please take a look at the proposed seminar topics before the kick-off meeting: Seminar Topics in WS 17/18 .
Literature and Further Material
Recommendations for literature and further material will be given individually at the beginning of the seminar (based on the elected topic).